Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Grandmasters

In the previous post, I uploaded a picture of film and stage actor from Assam, Adil Hussain, poised for mainstream recognition he so understandably deserves, with the arrival of Sridevi comeback vehicle ‘English Vinglish’. I was checking the Facebook page of the film, which had a link to Hussain’s Facebook page, and there, in his photo album, I saw this picture of him in a hat and a trench coat in the snow, looking directly at the camera.

I totally, totally loved the picture, not just because Adil Hussain looks so dapper. How many Indian men can carry a hat or a trench coat with such aplomb? But, there was something oddly familiar about the picture... as if I had seen the picture before... I raked my brain for a day and viola, I got it.

That picture reminded me of this picture, of Tony Leung as Yip Man in Wonk Kar-wai’s yet to be released but eagerly awaited ‘The Grandmasters’. This is one film I am really looking forward to catch, for the simple reason that it’s a Wonk Kar-wai film featuring Tony Leung. Period.

>>>>>
The Grandmasters is an upcoming Hong Kong action drama film based on the life story of the Wing Chun grandmaster Yip Man. The film is directed and written by Wong Kar-wai and stars Tony Leung as Yip Man. It is set to be released in Hong Kong and Mainland China on December 18, 2012.
More Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment