Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Prayers for the Entity without Genitalia

1.
Therefore, you are cold, without desire
Therefore, you can be alone, and not lonely.

2.
And this, my body, is a magnet, of perpetual attraction, I cannot
Sustain alone. The prayers or the prasads cannot appease me.

3.
And this, my body, wants another, similar, not the same, which
The magnet of this body will hold together, until...

4.
This body, I can denounce it, if you want, right now, again, I
Can denounce my body and the long list of its expansive demands.

5.
And this, my body, this machinery of flesh, skin, and blood
Of fairness cream and hair gel and pedicure, entraps me. I cannot leave.

6.
My body, this, is the slave to these expansive desires, and my reward —
This wholesome visage, on the mirror...

7.
... Or on my Facebook page, “liked” by all my “friends”, who do not
Know me because I’m not the same person who crawls the cyberspace.

8.
This face, the memory of this face, doesn’t let me sleep, and I’m
Forced to go through that long list of my body’s expansive demands.

9.
And this, my body, goes through the motions of the drills so that I
May continue to wear this handsome visage, which is not my own.

10.
Therefore, you are cold, without desire
Therefore, you can be alone, and not lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment