Pages

Sunday, July 01, 2012

DVDs, What Else!

The other day, I was cleaning up my house and found that there are a healthy number of Marathi film DVDs in my collection. There’s ‘Jait Re Jait’, of course, my all-time favourite Marathi film, for the unearthly soundtrack, among other things. And, I have few other Jabbar Patel gems — ‘Dr Babasabheb Ambedkar’, ‘Simhasan’, ‘Umbartha’, and ‘Ek Hota Vidushak’, all masterpieces if you ask me. It’s shame that Patel has stopped making movies. Why?

Other films are of eclectic tastes, from ‘Mi Shivaji Raje Bhosale Boltoy,’ to the brandnew, critically acclaimed Umesh Kulkarni’s ‘Deool’. I have ‘Valu’ as well. There’s ‘Jogwa’, one of the few Marathi film I have seen in theatres, Sachin Kundalkar’s ‘Gandha’ and Sumitra Bhave and Sunil Sukthankar’s ‘Vastupurush’.

There are several others in .avi format in my external hard drive, including ‘Mi Sindutai Sapkal’, but that doesn’t count.

And then, I was thinking, I seriously need to update the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment