Pages

Friday, July 06, 2012

The Queer Case of Abhishek Bachchan

I like this fella, not necessarily his acting chops, but his personality, and how he chooses to react to the burden of celebrity-hood he inherited (Amitabh Bachchan), and chose to be associated with (Aishwarya Rai). It must be very difficult being Abhishek Bachchan; and it is to his credit that he makes it look easy, even a privilege.

Speaking for myself, it would have been difficult for me. To live in the shadows of an iconic father, to marry the world’s most beautiful woman, and still remain a struggler. (I am an egomaniac bastard) But, Bachchan Jr takes everything in his strides, and we must give him credit for that.

And then, is it me, or there are others as well, who think Abhishek can portray a queer character better than most of his colleagues. He does the effeminate impersonation with brilliant acumen, with perfect body language, with classic camp expressions. Look at the poster of ‘Bol Bachchan’, the “gay” Abhishek looks far more convincing than the macho one. This makes me think if ‘Dostana’ worked because of his queer charm than the other guy’s bum.

No comments:

Post a Comment