Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Week With Marilyn

Sometimes into the film, ‘My Week With Marilyn’, after the 23-year-old wide-eyed assistant director, Colin Clark, had gained access to the star, her agent, Milton Greene, cautions that the relationship will end in a heartbreak: “That’s what she does, she breaks hearts. She’ll break yours.”

But, Colin is in love and he doesn’t need any advice. Now, shooting for the film is over, and Marilyn would return soon. Colin watches Marilyn perform the last scene, when Dame Sybil Thorndike tells him: “First love is such sweet despair, Colin.”

Now, Marilyn is gone. Colin returns to the girl he was dating with and asks if she is free on Saturday. Lucy says she is washing her hair and then asks:
Lucy: Did she break your heart?
Colin: A little.
Lucy: Good, it needed breaking.











4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:16 AM

    Howdy! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to look it over.
    I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Excellent blog and fantastic style and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:26 AM

    Hi, Neat post. There is an issue with your web site in web
    explorer, may check this? IE still is the marketplace leader and a big component of other people will pass over your magnificent writing due to
    this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:46 AM

    We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
    Your site provided us with valuable info to work on. You've done a formidable job and our whole community will
    be grateful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:00 PM

    I like what you guys are usually up too. This
    type of clever work and exposure! Keep up the excellent works guys I've included you guys to my own blogroll.

    ReplyDelete