Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

The Skin I Live In

The first thing that attracted me to ‘The Skin I Live In’ (2011), Pedro Almodovar’s new film, is the bed linen the doctor, played by Antonio Banderas, has in his bedroom, in glorious midnight blue with delicate and detailed white embroidery. See the poster if you don’t believe me. I want those for my bed linen, please, please.

A new Almodovar film is always an event. Even a bad one. No, this film is not bad, not the least, the word would be “problematic.” The film is very problematic. May be I will discuss it in another post. For now, the bed linen. Oh!

While talking about the mad doctor’s mansion featured in the film, he lives in a hacienda or something like that, in Toledo in Spain, I would also like those life-size paintings he hangs on the walls. They are just gorgeous. While at it, I won’t mind the whole house as it is. Minus the doctor of course, and his maid, who also happens to be his mother, and the young girl, his prisoner, who is not what she seems...

No comments:

Post a Comment