Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Inheritance

The last book of the Inheritance quadrilogy, also called ‘Inheritence’ is out in the market and I am surprised to realise that I’m not really excited about it. No, I don’t want to go buy and read it. The other day I saw the book at Crosswords. It a tome, more than 500 pages. Two years ago, it would have made me excited, not now.

I have been a fan of Christopher Paolini’s Inheritence Cycle soon after I had seen the film, which was based on the first novel of the series, both called ‘Eragon’, the name of the story’s protagonist. I did not like the film particularly, though I admired the dragon, and Jeremy Irons as Brom, an old dragonrider who becomes the young hero’s mentor.

Anyway, it was an interesting tale, and I would have read another 200 pages of the last book. But to read this tome, after more than two years, just to know how the story ends is a little too much. Thanks to Wikipedia, I know what happened. We all knew what was going to happen. Eragon would defeat Galbatorix and all will be well in Alagaesia.

Well, that was it. What I wanted to know what the reality of Eragon’s mother. The Wikipedia entry does not tell me anything about it. Oh, well...

My take on The imaginary world of Christopher Paolini here.

No comments:

Post a Comment