Tumblr is a blog provider unlike blogspot or wordpress. It allows you to post shorter contents, much like Facebook, with more flexibility. You can post photos, videos, everything and you can post someone else’s post onto your own blog. The site has found a lot of popularity among the young people. Sometimes back, I really got fascinated by the whole thing... I have three tumblog... Anyways, while browsing the posts of the people I am following, I came across the following list, originally posted by someone called ‘kid-with-the-chemicals’.
I thought it would be fun to answer those question. It was fun. It made me remember a lot of things...
1) Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up.
A. ‘Darling’ from ‘7 Khoon Maaf’ soundtrack (Hindi), ‘aamake taan maare’ from ‘Iti Mrinalini’ soundtrack (Bangla), Mark Knofner’s ‘Romeo & Juliet (English), Sakira’s ‘La Tortura’ (Spanish), ‘Tujha rupachi bashinde’ from ‘Jait Re Jait’ soundtrack (Marathi), ‘Lien Macao’ from ‘Pratidhani’s soundtrack (Asomiya)
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
A. Dead or Alive? If dead Jesus Christ. If alive, I don’t know. George Michael?
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.
A. “...as possible to identifying the type of aircraft (for example a boeing 747-400...” You don’t want to know the name of the book
4) What do you think about most?
A. I wish I had a house of my own
5) What does your latest text message from someone else say?
A. “What’s the plan for puja? Anything special, or the usual?”
6) Do you sleep with or without on?
A. The question doesn’t make sense
7) What's your strangest talent?
A. I can remain hungry when I am really hungry
8) Girls.... (finish the sentence); Boys.... (finish the sentence)
A. Girls: Don’t want them, need them. Boys: Don’t want them, need them
9) Ever had a poem or song written about you?
10) When is the last time you played the air guitar?
11) Do you have any strange phobias?
A. Fear of witnessing a fight, verbal or physical
12) Ever stuck a foreign object up your nose?
A. Does a pencil amount to a foreign object?
13) What's your religion?
A. My mother believes in the 33 crore gods of the Hindu pantheon
14) If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
A. Looking, at others
15) Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
A. Behind. It’s safer
16) Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band?
A. ‘Black Eyed Peas.’ Really? Wait, wait, ‘Euphoria’, No, no, ‘Green Day’. How about ‘Red Hot Chilli Peppers’? MIA?
17) What was the last lie you told?
A. That I’m happy
18) Do you believe in karma?
A. Yes. You Reap What You Sow
19) What does your screen name mean?
A. It means nothing
20) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
A. I’m laid-back; I’m laid-back
21) Who is your celebrity crush?
A. Manny Pacquiao. And I even don’t like boxing
22) Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
A. Yesssss. In a small river in a small town in Assam, a long time ago. Those days...
23) How do you vent your anger?
A. Earlier, I would scream. Now, I keep quiet
24) Do you have a collection of anything?
A. I have 2,000 films from the world over
25) Do you prefer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
A. Neither. I prefer talking face to face
26) Are you happy with the person you've become?
A. I ought to. There is no choice
27) What's a sound you hate; sound you love?
A. A metal plate on the floor; wind chimes
28) What's your biggest "what if"?
A. What if I had passed my MA exams with a B+ grade in 1999? What if I actually went to America in 2000?
29) Do you believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
A. Once upon a time, yes. Now, no
30) Stick your right arm out; what do you touch first? Do the same with your left arm.
A. An orange coloured wall; empty air
31) Smell the air. What do you smell?
A. It smells like the cologne I am wearing
32) What's the worst place you have ever been to?
A. Every place I had been to was wonderful in their own ways
33) Choose: East Coast or West Coast?
A. I don't live in America
34) Most attractive singer of your opposite gender?
35) To you, what is the meaning of life?
A. That you live it the best possible way you can
36) Define: Art.
A. The way I communicate with others. Telling. Showing.
37) Do you believe in luck?
A. Yes, and I believe I have been more unlucky than lucky
38) What's the weather like right now?
A. Yesterday it rained. Today, it’s sunny
39) What time is it?
A. 6.14 pm
40) Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
A. An old Kineric Honda. I fell off the bike on two occasions. Nothing serious
41) What was the last book you read?
A. ‘On the Wings of Butterfly’ by Kavery Nambisan; I haven’t told her about it
42) Do you like the smell of gasoline?
A. Yes. It’s seductive
43) Do you have any nicknames?
A. So many of them. In school they’d call me capsule. When I arrived in Pune, they’d call me ‘Dhapnya,’ meaning dork with glasses
44) What was the last movie you saw?
A. Terrence Malick’s ‘The Tree of Life’; I’m seeing the film for the last one week. It’s not done yet
45) What's the worst injury you've ever had?
A. It involves oral hygiene
46) Have you ever caught a butterfly?
A. Yes. Yes. oh, those days...
47) Do you have any obsessions right now?
A. Collecting films, some of which I know I would never watch
48) What's your ?
49) Ever had a rumor spread about you?
A. Several. I prefer not to recall them
50) Do you believe in magic?
A. Like P C Sirkar?
51) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
A. I did earlier. Not now. It does not matter now. Nothing matters now
52) What is your astrological sign?
53) Do you save money or spend it?
A. Spend it. Hope to save it as well, never works
54) What's the last thing you purchased?
A. A shirt, which I saw on the window of a shop, looked at it for one whole week, and then decided I really, really wanted it, Rs 450.
55) Love or lust?
A. Lust. Love is an idea that does not exist
56) In a relationship?
57) Are you a virgin?
58) Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
59) Where were you yesterday?
A. In office
60) Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
A. Yes. My colleague’s pen
61) Are you wearing socks right now?
A. No. I prefer wearing floaters to my work
62) What's your favorite animal?
63) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
64) Where is your best friend?
A. No clues. Haven’t met him in 10 years
65) Spit or swallow?(;
66) What is your heritage?
A. Lower middle class Asomiya
67) What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
A. On the way home from office
68) What do you think is Satan's last name?
A. Not Sarma, right?
69) Be honest. Ever gotten yourself off?
70) Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend?
A. I guess so
71) You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?
A. I don’t like dogs anyway. There are too many of them in the place where I live
72) You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
a) No. b) Find closures. Perhaps write sealed letters to family and friends to be read after I am dead. c) No. Unless the process is painful
73) You can only have one of these things: trust or love.
74) What's a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
A. Elton John’s ‘Your Song’
75) What are the last four digits in your cell phone number?
76) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
A. Ability to empathise with your partner.
77) How can I win your heart?
A. My heart is not a trophy
78) Can insanity bring on more creativity?
A. And more pains to others
79) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
A. To live far away from home
80) What size shoes do you where?
81) What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
A. I would want to be cremated, and forgotten
82) What is your favorite word?
83) Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word: heart.
84) What is a saying you say a lot?
A. You Reap What You Sow
85) What's the last song you listened to?
A. Don Edwards’ ‘Coyotes’ “...this is no place for an hombre like me...”
86) Basic question: what's your favorite color/colors?
A. Blue. Cobalt blue, and black and mango yellow
87) What is your current desktop picture?
A. A watercolour painting of two birds
88) If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode, who would it be?
A. That would be a murder, isn’t it?
89) What would be a question you'd be afraid to tell the truth on?
A. Do I like R Raj Rao’s latest novel?
90) One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by MUMMIES. The mummies aren't really doing anything, they're just standing around your bed. What do you do?
A. Try to go back to sleep again
91) You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what's even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power?
A. To be able to be invisible
92) You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
A. One drunken night inside a Matiz with R Ramji. This time I don’t want to be drunk and tell him that he needed not tell me lies. I would have accepted the truth
93) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
A. There are several. Too horrible to remember. Perhaps, the last time I spend with Bipul Kalita
94) You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who would it be?
A. I would rather not answer that question
95) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
96) Do you have any relatives in jail?
97) Have you ever thrown up in the car?
98) Ever been on a plane?
99) If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say?
A. Great going guys, keep it up
100) Give me your top 5 favorite blogs on Tumblr.
A. saltsweatsmell.tumblr.com — five times over (because it’s mine)